Remember when we told you about Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne's East Coast-only "Record Store tour," during which he was selling a signed, limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy debut EP, packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull"? And the skull also contains a special gold coin that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world? Of course you do.
Well, he was lying — it's not East Coast-only. He added a few West Coast dates this week, including an appearance tomorrow [Thu/3] at 5pm, at the Mission's own Aquarius Records. Which is a pretty tiny space for a Flaming Lips(-esque) show. And pretty early in the evening to be taking hallucinogens. Oh, the sacrifices we make for rock 'n' roll.
Here's a good one off that 1984 EP to get you warmed up.
Most Commented On
- Student protesters file claim against City College and SF - July 31, 2014
- Work order payments are appropriate - July 31, 2014
- marcos, please furnish your evidence for the proposition that - July 31, 2014
- Paradoxically, notwithstanding Emma's saccharine nostalgia about - July 31, 2014
- Wiener had to have support - July 31, 2014
- Condos being sold does not - July 31, 2014
- Indeed, Guest - July 31, 2014
- You're right - he doesn't. - July 31, 2014
- SFGH does good work - July 31, 2014
- Ammiano and Leno seek to reform the Ellis Act and slow SF - July 31, 2014